DOMAT LIMITED 多磨建社有限公司 is registered in Hong Kong as a non-private company limited by guarantee.
DOMAT is not-for-profit and without shareholders; it is established with the following goals:
- To work as a not-for-profit architectural organisation.
- To reinvest surplus of the Company back into the office, and to create further architectural and research projects.
- To work with underprivileged communities in rural areas of China, as well as urban areas and other regions, including Hong Kong.
- To collaborate with individuals and organisations for promoting and carrying out developmental projects.
- To provide architectural services (such as design, documentation and project management) to a range of clients and users, including poor communities who would not typically have access to architectural services.
- To offer architectural services to clients such as charities, government departments, non-governmental organisations and private donors.
- To widen the opportunities for community and developmental projects in the architectural profession.
- To provide a platform for discussing alternative roles for architects within the community and to raise the awareness for community and developmental projects in poor areas.
- To act with responsibility towards others.
- To undertake projects with a commitment to the communities involved.